Prices start at $85.00
Aka MSI Code or Pulse Width Modulated Barcode - Easily print MSI Code barcodes as a font - Contains eight (8) different MSI font versions in six (6) formats - TrueType, PostScript, OpenType and PCL laserjet soft fonts are included - Compatible with Microsoft® Windows®, Macintosh, Unix, Linux and others - Font tools, macros & plug-ins are provided for easy integration.
The MSI Plessey barcode was designed in the 1970s by the Plessey Company in England and has been used primarily in libraries and retail applications. The symbology of the MSI Code character set consists of barcode symbols representing the numbers 0-9, the start character and the stop character. In the MSI font, the parentheses are used for start and stop characters.
Printing MSI fonts as a barcode may be difficult without implementation of IDAutomation's Font Tools, due to the required check digit calculation. If an easier-to-use barcode font is preferred and MSI Code is not required, consider IDAutomation's Codabar Barcode Font which does not require check digit characters.
Font Tools Included - For easy integration into applications, IDAutomation provides several Font Tools that are free to use with IDAutomation fonts. The font tools automatically format the data to the barcode font. When it is necessary to create a single barcode, IDAutomation recommends using the Online Font Encoder. Available font tools include:
Multiple Versions Provided - MSI Code barcode fonts are scaleable and should be printed at the correct font size to suit the application and scanner equipment. The MSI font is designed to be printed from 6 to 18 points. Four (4) versions of the MSI Plessey barcode fonts are provided to support different width/height requirements. For more information, please view the specifications.
Embeddable Functionality - The fonts provided with the Developer License enable embedding into Word documents, PDFs and other files that support embedding.
Multiple Formats Provided - When purchasing a license for this font, the customer will receive all versions in a single ZIP file. The manual is supplied in a file named "readme" in the ZIP file. The following fonts are included:
- .NET Framework Assembly DLL (100% managed code)
- C++ header file
- C# .NET Class Library
- Crystal Reports Formulas (allows distribution of crystal reports without the UFL)
- Crystal Reports UFL (User Function Library)
- DLL for Windows®
- FileMaker Pro Plug-ins
- FoxPro Program Module
- LotusScript Functions for Lotus Notes, Domino and Approach
- Microsoft® Office Macros for Word, Excel and Access with VBA source code
- Microsoft Reporting Services
- Online Font Encoder
- Oracle Reports Libraries and PLL
- OpenOffice & StarOffice VB macros
- Source Code in Visual Basic, C++, PowerBuilder, FoxPro and JAVA
- VB.NET Module
- TrueType fonts are supplied in PC and Macintosh format. The TrueType TTF fonts are compatible with Macintosh OS X and all versions of Microsoft Windows, including Pocket PC. Macintosh formatted MTT TrueType fonts are compatible with Macintosh System 7.1 and above.
- OpenType OTF fonts with PostScript outlines are provided. These are compatible with Windows, Macintosh OS X and other systems supporting the OpenType format.
- PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied in binary, ASCII and Macintosh Classic MacBinary versions.
- Also included in this package are PCL laserjet soft fonts in 5, 7.4, 9.8, 12.2 and 17 points.
- The Developer License grants the right to convert IDAutomation fonts to other formats as necessary including TrueDoc and OpenType.
Complete Parts List
Shopping Cart ||
Site Map ||
Search HALLoGRAM ||
Return Policy ||
Request More Information
CALL TOLL FREE 1-866-972-4888