Read, manipulate and write data on tape or disk
with main frame data using Windows 95/98/NT!
NovaXchange includes powerful tape handling and data management software utilities for the
WIN95/98/NT workstation, with the ability to transfer and manage all types of data and all kinds of
SCSI tape drives between operating systems and different architectures. NovaXchange reads and
writes various formats including Fixed Length, IBM or ANSII variable length and even undefined tape
record formats. NovaXchange also reads and writes IBM or ANSI Labeled or Unlabeled tapes,
translates EBCDIC to ASCII and ASCII to
NovaXchange, there are few,
limits for users to manipulate and interchange their data.
Tape Processing Features
- Read and write IBM or ANSI format tapes
- Read and write Labeled or Unlabeled format
- Read and write fixed or variable formats
- EBCDIC <=> ASCII Translations
- Convert Variable to Fixed Records
- Handle IBM DOS and OS/MVS Header
- Tape-to-Tape and Multimedia Copying
- User Definable Translation Tables
- Menu or batch file driven
- Display Hex values to screen
- Summarize data files on tape
- Concatenate multiple files into a single file
- Sequential Stacker Support
- Multi platform Support
- Industry Standard Compatibility
- Multi-Volume Tape Support
Data Conversion Features
- Select and extract data based on user defined
- Character Fields / Numeric Fields / String
- Tape, disk and Optical Support
- Menu or Command line operation
- Save and re-use ASCII conversion command
- Handle Fixed Length, Variable and Undefined
tape formats Display
- Input / Output records
- Translate Byte per Byte, Pre-Defined or
- Boolean Functions
- Industry Standard Compatibility
- Process up to 64KB block sizes
- Process large files in small segments
When there is a need for converting mainframe
tapes, to the smaller and more manageable formats
available today (such as 4mm, 8mm, etc.), and the
data must run on the latest PC operating systems,
NovaXchange is the one product which will
accomplish the task with ease. Not only will it read
all IBM mainframe tapes, but it will automatically
convert and write these tapes to Windows 95/98 or
Windows NT 4.0 file formats. NovaXchange can also
translate fields from such formats as ASCII, binary,
packed decimal and zoned decimal (EBCDIC).
Another exciting feature of NovaXchange is its
unique ability to select data from tape, disk or
optical disk on a field by field basis while
performing a data conversion. Thus NovaXchange can customize
any database output file for customer requested information in
a "real-time mode" and output to a variety of mediums including
disk, optical disk or tape.
- Support for Windows 98
NovaXchange gives you the flexibility to perform conversions and
interchange from the convenience of a workstation running the latest from
Microsoft, Windows 98!
- Custom Translation Table Editor
The table editor lets you create your own translation maps on a character by character
basis. Makes handling conversions that are not a standard ASCII to EBCDIC or EBCDIC to
ASCII translation a breeze!
- Log File Tracking
Log files can now be generated for each data transfer that is performed by the NovaXchange
program. Pertinent information such as start/end times, record counts, filenames, block sizes
etc. can now be stored in permanent text files for future
reference and tracking.
- Controlled Tape Error Handling
Tape Read Retries will now allow you to control the program's response to tape read errors.
You can choose to be prompted whenever an error occurs to retry or ignore the error, or set up
NovaXchange to ignore all tape read errors without interrupting
- Enhanced Read Handling Capability
Modifiable read length allows you to customize the way NovaXchange reads data. Extremely
helpful when dealing with troublesome data tapes and/or
problematic hardware combinations.
- AS/400 Tape Support
NovaXchange will create tapes for IBM AS/400 systems.
- Dump Tape Data Wizard
Dump Tape Data Wizard is smart -- It will also allow you to insert record
delimiters into the data no matter what type of record format is being read in. You can even mix
and match depending on the input formats. It is also easier to choose the directory in which
you wish to dump the files, and an advanced method for choosing the data translation (with
options for using a custom data translation table).
- Host Adapter Support
Support for multiple SCSI Host Adapters and RAID Controllers.
Shopping Cart ||
Site Map ||
Search HALLoGRAM ||
Request More Information
CALL TOLL FREE 1-866-340-3404